Monday, June 28, 2010

Mello Yello and the Seasick Fisherman

This past weekend, my 9 year old son was invited to go fishing with his best buddy. His father has a small boat that we've been on once before, and I while I'm not much of a fishing fanatic I thought it would be nice for the boys.

All I had to do was wake up at 6 in the morning, buy lunch for me and my son, and arrive at Bob's house for 7:00. Simple right?

Ughghg. I HATE waking up early.
But it's for my son...

So I find out that none of the grocery stores are open before 7:00AM.
This is bad because I want to be at his HOUSE at 7:00am.
So instead I'm off to Wawa to buy some sandwiches and sodas.

First, the good news: Despite being a 'convenience store', they had a well stocked deli and I was treated to 2 sandwiches for under $5.00 TOTAL.

Next, the SODA news: while my son was treated to a Coca Cola, I found a bottle of MELLO YELLO on the shelf. AND...it was 'marked down' from $1.59 to .99! SODA ON SALE! Who'da thought?! I took it!

Last, the bad news: for the first time in my life, I got sea sick.
I appears that fishing on the ocean is MUCH different than crabbing in the bay!

So once again, I could not enjoy my Mello Yello to the fullest.
In fact, I barely made it through my sandwich!

You'll recall from earlier posts that Mello Yello became a bane of my existence in the past. I was REALLY hoping this time it would be different. It wasn't. Sorry, Mello Yello...I don't think we can be friends anymore! :(

No comments: