Friday, June 27, 2008

Coke vs. Pepsi will Teach You to be Rich

When I'm not reading about soda...or Pro Wrestling (what did you think about the Draft? Not the NBA draft...the WWE draft.) I'm reading blogs about Leadership and Marketing.

OH! You didn't know I had a Day Job?!

So of course, I took great interest in a blog post that began like this:
"Do you think you could tell the difference between a Coke and Pepsi?

Of course you do.

When I was an RA in college, my residents insisted they could, so I bought Cokes, Diet Cokes, Pepsis, Diet Pepsis, and a generic soda to test them. Of those who tested, every one insisted they could tell the difference.

Only 3 out of 47 could."

The blog is written by Ramit Sethi, and his blog is called I will Teach You to be Rich. You can read the entire post here.

Actually, the post goes on to describe a very interesting book about Psychology and how it relates to Business Decisions.

Did I mention that when I was 15 I took the Pepsi Challenge...and chose Coca Cola?!
I did not go to college with Ramit; this was in front of a Shop Rite in my town.

So, what did we learn today?
1) a college student got the same result at his local college as some Marketing Firms did in their multi-million dollar studies.

2) I was more interested in the WWE 'draft' than I was in the NBA draft

3) Ramit Sethi is an interesting guy...and he can teach you to be Rich!


...and remember - you can read about all things Soda at the Coke vs. Pepsi lens:
www.Squidoo.com/CokeVsPepsi

No comments: