Friday, October 26, 2007

Club Soda...You got NUTHIN'!

OK...so I have lunch witha good friend yesterday, and I order my standard drink.
Remember what it is? You don't?!
It's a Coke with No Ice and some Lemon. Pay attetnion!

My friend orders a Club Soda.
"With Lime?" the waitress asks.
"Uh...hmmm...OK."

I was sorta suprised he had to think about it. I mean, I know what Club Soda tastes like...do you want a lime flavor added to it or not?! There are no calories to concern yourself with. No one's diet ever got skewed because they put lime in their club soda.

No allergies to worry about, either. (Uh, excuse me miss...was this salad made with Lime? I'm allergic to lime. Sure, I'll have a Corona, but for God Sakes..NO LIME! I break out in a horrible rash when I have lime...)

Anyway, our drinks arrive, and I take a gulp of mine. Cold, yes. But syrup-y. And not horribly carbonated. This came fresh from the diner fountain, and it's time to add some CO2!!!

I look over at HIS drink. Clear, carbonated...it's bubbling like mad! Like a beach party for bubbles! Hey! Look at all of us bubbles! There are a LOT of bubbles in here, and we are having a GREAT time! The water is cold and refreshing, and this big ol' wedge of lime is just floating around and chillin' with us! YAAAAAAY!

Maybe once or twice a year I crave a seltzer or a club soda. Truth be told - I crave it, I drink it and then I say "mmm...nope. Not really diggin' it." and return to my flavoured-soda habit.

All diet jokes aside, you really CAN'T hurt yourself or your figure too badly drinking Club Soda. You ever look at the Nutrional Information Lable on a Club Soda or Seltzer?

Serving Size - 1 can or bottle (16 fl oz)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 0
Calories from Fat 0%
Total Fat 0.0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 6mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0%
Protein 0.0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 0%

NOTHING! This is glass of bubbles having fun in some cold water! 6 milligrams of sodium aside, you've got NOTHING here!

I found a website with Club Soda recepies and it defines club soda as 'plain water infused with cardon dioxide'. Even the definition has nothing!

The glass may be half empty or half full...but it's either a glass filled with syrup and calories, or a glass filled with a bunch of bubbles having a good time.

And maybe some Lime...


Look for Seltzer and Club Soda www.Squidoo.com/CokevsPepsi

No comments: